Terms and conditions
1. Tasks must be legal
To ensure a safe and secure experience for all our members, all tasks posted must be legal. Soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts are strictly prohibited. Scams are also not tolerated on Airtasker and will be removed.
2. Prohibited items list
Tasks must not relate to weapons or unlawful activity, which may result in the furtherance of a crime. Any requests relating to drugs, including prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia is prohibited. Not only may these activities have serious legal ramifications, but they are also against the spirit and values of Airtasker.
3. No escort or adult services
Escort and adult services tasks are strictly prohibited on Airtasker. This includes tasks or comments which are obscene or sexually explicit in nature. Posting Massage tasks is also not supported.
4. No cash-based task
Tasks that ask someone to withdraw cash, buy gift cards or vouchers, buy any type of currency including cryptocurrency, or send money via methods like direct bank transfers or PayPal or any transactions that are similar in substance to any of the foregoing are strictly prohibited.
5. Clear scope, time and budget required
To help get your tasks completed, it’s important that your task has a clear scope, time and budget.
- Scope: The task description should clearly, and thoroughly, state what it is that you need to be done. Adding as much information as possible helps the Tasker understand expectations.
- Time: Does the task need to be completed on a specific day or can it be flexible with the Tasker? If specific, mention it in the task description.
- Budget: Setting a fair price for the amount of time and effort required for the task is crucial. Airtasker does not endorse low pricing of tasks and a task may be moderated if found to be.
These help Taskers to know whether they have the skills and availability to complete your task. It will also help avoid any misunderstandings about expectations along the way.
6. Task-based posts
The Airtasker marketplace is a task-based platform that encourages you to outsource all the weird and quirky things you might need to be done on any given day. However, there are a few types of tasks that are not supported to maintain the integrity of the platform.
Tasks that are deceitful in nature are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to requesting fake business reviews, social media likes and follows.
- Example 1: Sasha posted a task asking Taskers to leave 5-star reviews on her company’s website and Facebook page. Sasha’s task was immediately cancelled by Airtasker and she was advised her task did not follow the Community Guidelines.
Academic activities and assignment based tasks are strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to completing an assignment, test or course on someone’s behalf. Additionally, academic assistance in the form of proofreading, editing, planning, structuring, referencing and giving feedback on someone else’s academic work is also not supported.
- Example 2: Rachael posted a task requesting a Tasker to proofread her assignment, a 1,000-word essay on the French Revolution. Rachael was contacted shortly after posting her task and advised the post had been cancelled, as it was a proofreading task and therefore not supported on Airtasker.
We also don’t allow tasks that request quotes for work to be done outside of Airtasker.
- Example 3: Brad posted a minimum priced task asking for a Tasker to come to his home and give him a quote to paint his 4 bedroom house. The task was cancelled by Airtasker because it was asking for a quote and not for someone to actually paint the house.
Tasks that require someone to be nude, topless or wear clothing like lingerie, swimwear and gym wear are not supported.
- Example 4: Joanne posted a task looking for a Tasker to model for a bikini photoshoot. The task was cancelled as the Tasker would be required to wear a bikini.
Tasks that involve investigating or gathering information on an individual or business without their knowledge and consent are not supported. Debt collection tasks are also not supported.
7. No advertising
We support businesses outsourcing tasks on Airtasker to help their business grow, however, Airtasker is not a platform for business advertisements, nor a job board for permanent job ads. Airtasker is also not a platform for any requests to be employed.
- Example 1: Joey posted a task asking for a part-time or full-time job as a builder. The task was removed by Airtasker as job requests are not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.
- Example 2: Amanda owns a driving school and posted a task looking for full-time driving instructors, with an hourly rate. Amanda’s task was removed as it was considered a business advertisement therefore not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.
8. No alcohol-related Tasks
Alcohol-related tasks regarding the supply or sale of alcohol are strictly prohibited on Airtasker. The sale of alcohol includes any of the following:
- Barter or exchange
- Offer, agree or attempt to sell
- Expose, send, forward or deliver for sale
- Cause or permit to be sold or offered for sale.
The supply of alcohol includes to dispose of or deliver.
For further clarification, please see the examples of prohibited tasks below.
- Example 1: Stephen posted a task for someone to buy and deliver beer from a liquor store. The task was removed because it requested a Tasker to buy and supply alcohol to a Poster, which is not supported.
- Example 2: After a long day at work, Carly posts a task for someone to bring her a bottle of wine. She says she would be happy to purchase a bottle that a Tasker already has at their home. Carly’s task is not supported so was removed by Airtasker because it requested the sale and supply of alcohol.
9. Tasks for ‘Commercial Passenger Vehicle Services’ are prohibited in the U.S.
Tasks for ‘Commercial Passenger Vehicle Services’ are prohibited in the U.S. Tasks which involve transporting one or more passengers on a motor vehicle journey, in the U.S. are prohibited on Airtasker. ‘Commercial Passenger Vehicle Services’ includes the carriage, for a fare or other consideration, of one or more passengers in a motor vehicle on a journey.
What are unacceptable behaviors on Airtasker?
- 2 months ago
At Airtasker, we do not tolerate these negative behaviors and this may result in your content being removed and/or your account being suspended.
2.1 Hatred or violence
Comments or actions that promote hatred or violence against specific groups of people, including any representatives of Airtasker, will not be tolerated. Racist content or behavior to incite racism is also not permitted.
Comments that are derogatory towards any members of the community, or contain vulgarities used in the context of a personal attack/insult, will not be tolerated.
Actions or comments that may cause distress or jeopardize other members of the community are not allowed. This may include persistent disturbance, torment, intimidation or communication aimed at influencing other members’ offers, all of which are strictly not allowed.
2.4 Illegal behaviors
Airtasker has a zero-tolerance policy to any illegal behavior, including theft, vandalism and any unlawful activity such as the use of drugs or weapons.
Tasks and comments that are deemed to be trolling or inappropriate are prohibited. Comments that are considered to be off-topic or inflammatory in nature to invoke other members of the community are also not allowed.
What are unsupported practices on Airtasker?
- 3 months ago
We do not support the below activities within our Airtasker community, as it jeopardizes the creation of a fair, transparent and trustworthy environment, which we highly value.
3.1 Fraudulent Airtasker reviews
Trust is crucial on Airtasker, therefore creating or requesting fraudulent reviews for your Airtasker profile is not supported. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their own actions and behaviors. Maintaining our integrity, authenticity, honesty and transparency is critical to our Airtasker community.
- Example 1: Troy is new to Airtasker and believes that having more reviews increases the chance of his offer being accepted on a task. He decides to set up a second fraudulent account and assign himself to fake tasks to leave himself fabricated reviews. The Airtasker team becomes aware of Troy’s behavior and he is immediately contacted for breaching Community Guidelines.
- Example 2: Harper posted a task to have someone install her blinds. Josh was assigned to the task and completed the task as per Harper’s instructions. However, Josh scratched some of the paint off the wall in the process and offered to pay Harper in cash for the damage as long as she left him a good review on Airtasker. Harper knew this would be breaking the Community Guidelines and advised him she would write an honest and fair review, sharing both positive and negative opinions of his work. Harper was correct in declining Josh’s request to forge a positive review.
3.2. Artificially improving public profile
Completion Rates measure how reliable and committed you are to the tasks you post or are assigned to. Artificially improving your public profile, including the manipulation of Completion Rates, is not supported by Airtasker as it jeopardizes the creation of a fair and trustworthy system.
3.3 Discussion forum
Airtasker is a marketplace for outsourcing short-term tasks and not a forum for discussions. Members of the community have mentioned that they use the Airtasker platform to get things done and don’t like reading through comments that aren’t helpful for their task.
Comments that don’t ask for or give more information about an offer or the task are considered off-topic. Taskers should only comment to ask for more task information or to clarify their own offer. Posters should only comment to give more task information or ask for information about a Tasker and their offer.
3.4 Harvesting member information
Harvesting member contact details is the process of obtaining lists of contact details. This is not supported by Airtasker and you should not make an offer/post a task of any such kind.
- Example 1: Hannah posted a task asking Taskers to find her contact details of 50 sales managers in the health care industry. Hannah was contacted by an Airtasker team member who let her know her task was cancelled.
3.5 Lead generation
Lead generation is the initiation of consumer interest or inquiry into products or services of a particular business. This includes posts about campaigns that involve cold calling, email blasts, contacting key decision-makers, prequalifying them and introducing services where appropriate. This is not supported by Airtasker and you should not make an offer on any such tasks.
3.6 No alcohol based Tasks
Alcohol related tasks regarding the supply or sale of alcohol are strictly prohibited on Airtasker. You should not make an offer on tasks that request for any alcoholic beverage to be sold or delivered to the Poster from any location. This includes such tasks that ask for delivery of online purchased alcohol, purchases from liquor stores on someone’s behalf or purchase of alcohol outside of stores.
- Example 1: Liam posts a task to have a bottle of spirits delivered to him. There are no liquor stores nearby, but Millie has vodka in her cupboard so she posts a comment telling Liam that he could buy that from her instead. Millie’s comment and the task are unsupported and are both removed by Airtasker.
We’re passionate about connecting people ready to work with people who need work done. As Airtasker continues to grow it’s important that the community follows guidelines that reflect our values and standards of behaviour. We work hard to enforce these guidelines so that we can maintain our authenticity and transparency, so that everyone has an enjoyable experience.
Airtasker is here to help facilitate a reliable, safe and successful environment and is here to help resolve issues should they arise. In return, we ask for your cooperation and timely response to the Airtasker team. If you suspect a member has violated any Community Guidelines, please report it to Airtasker ASAP. Use the Report as Inappropriate feature located within the task or comments section, or go to Contact Us.
This document will continue to change as we grow and continue to think about what’s best for the Airtasker community.
Airtasker takes breaches of the Community Guidelines seriously. If our team receives reports that you have breaches any of the Guidelines below, we may take action to remove any content, Posted Task or Offer You have submitted to the Airtasker Service or cancel or suspend Your account and/or any Task Contracts.
1. Publicly sharing private information
To maintain the integrity and authenticity of Airtasker, our members can only share private contact information once an offer is accepted via private messages.
To protect your safety and security, private contact details or 3rd party links are not allowed to be shared in any public areas of the site including any comments and attachments. This includes, but is not limited to, business websites, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, personal emails, phone numbers, addresses or personal websites.
2. Unacceptable behaviours
Community is at the heart of what we do at Airtasker. Courtesy, mutual respect and seeing things from another person’s perspective is essential. At Airtasker, we do not tolerate the following negative behaviours against other members of the Airtasker Community or Airtasker Staff:
- 2.1 Hatred or violence
- 2.2 Discrimination
- 2.3 Harassment
- 2.4 Illegal behaviours
- 2.5 Trolling
3. Unsupported practices
At Airtasker, we’re committed to bringing communities together however this requires your support and cooperation. We do not support the following activities within our Airtasker community, as it jeopardises the creation of a fair, transparent and trustworthy environment:
- 3.1 Fraudulent Airtasker reviews
- 3.2 Artificially improving public profile
- 3.3 Discussion forum
- 3.4 Harvesting member information
- 3.5 Lead generation
- 3.6 No alcohol related Tasks
4. Pricing and payments
To ensure a safe and rewarding environment for all members of the Airtasker community, it’s important to understand how pricing and payments work.
- 4.1 Offer pricesOffers placed must be totalled to the full amount per task. Offers must not be hourly, unit or quote based. Partial quotes mentioning further negotiation of prices off the platform are also not supported.
- 4.2 Airtasker Payment AccountCash payments are not supported on the Airtasker platform. To ensure that you get paid for a task the Airtasker Payment Account securely holds the task funds until you mark the task as complete.
- 4.3 Accurate banking detailsTo ensure seamless transition of funds, please ensure your banking details are up to date in your Payment Settings.
5. Accountability and your reputation
You remain accountable for both your behaviour on the Airtasker platform and the provision and outcome of each task you are assigned to. Your responsibilities include:
- 5.1 Fulfilment of task requirementsTaskers are expected to provide the services as agreed with the Poster.
- 5.2 Managing other Taskers involvedThe Tasker assigned to the task is responsible for the actions of any Taskers they arrange to assist them in providing the services agreed with the Poster. If the Tasker assigned chooses to subcontract others to perform the services agreed with the Poster, the Tasker must gain the Poster’s consent. The Tasker assigned to the task must also ensure that all Taskers assisting them have an Airtasker user account.For tasks completed in-person, you must attend to check that the task requirements are met even if you requested other Taskers to assist with the task.
- 5.3 The experience you provide for other membersTaskers must not repetitively provide poor experiences for other members of the Airtasker Community.We remind you that where Airtasker receives reports that you have breached any of these Guidelines, we may take action to remove any content, or cancel or suspend your account and/or any task contracts.
6. Account eligibility
We know you’re eager to set up an account and get started on Airtasker, but we need you to make sure you qualify for the below:
- 6.1 18 years or older:All members of the Airtasker community must be 18 years or older. This is a legal requirement as people under the age of 18 are not able to enter a legal contract with Airtasker. Airtasker reserves the right to request proof of age should this be necessary.
- 6.2 Legal working rights:All Taskers must be legally entitled to perform the task. To maintain the highest standards in our Airtasker community, we seek to avoid situations that may cause legal risks to any of our members.
- 6.3 No duplicate accountsMembers of the Airtasker Community may only have a single, active account on the platform. As your account reflects your reputation in the marketplace and represents your skills and abilities, any duplicate accounts attempting to disguise a member’s history, will be removed immediately. This means that all content posted by additional accounts will be removed and any associated task contracts will be cancelled.
7. Account administration
Now that you understand a little more about Airtasker, we have some important information regarding accounts.
- 7.1 No account transfersYour account is your responsibility and you must maintain control of it. It must not be transferred to another person as your account and reviews reflect your skills and abilities.
- 7.2 No duplicate accountsMembers may only have a single, active account on the platform. As your account reflects your reputation in the marketplace and represents your skills and abilities, any duplicate accounts attempting to disguise a member’s history, will be removed immediately
- 7.3 Cooperating with other members for the Airtasker Community and Airtasker StaffWhere members of the Airtasker Community or Airtasker Staff reach out to request information, both Posters and Taskers are required to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
8. Identity on Airtasker
Airtasker is committed to building a community platform that is a positive and safe environment for all. This commitment is grounded in the principles of transparency and respect. To help foster trust in the community, all members are required to have a profile photo and name that accurately identifies them.
Fake/ miscellaneous photos & names are not permitted on the Airtasker platform. Members that do not have an accurate profile photo or name that meets Airtasker standards will be asked to change their details.
Airtasker profile standards
- 8.1 NameYour real name as confirmed by your identification documents (passport, drivers licence etc).
- 8.2 Profile photoA clear front-on profile photo of a members face, so it’s easy recognisable other members.